State-of-the-art GYN surgery
Several gynecologic problems can cause excessive bleeding, irregular periods or pelvic pain, and if left untreated, may cause infertility or severe medical complications. GYN surgery can diagnose and treat serious gynecologic problems and give women relief from symptoms so they can feel like themselves again.
When you choose an Austin OBGYN at our practice, you can trust that any gynecologic surgery you may need will be performed with the highest standards of care in mind. Whether you need an advanced diagnostic procedure or surgery performed at a hospital or surgery center, you will benefit from advanced technologies, facilities and expertise, as well as the unwavering support of our entire care team.
Our physicians have received advanced training in minimally invasive GYN surgery, and whenever possible we perform surgeries laparoscopically or using robotic technology. These less-invasive procedures can be performed with just a few tiny incisions, resulting in faster recovery time and less pain.
GYN surgery for diagnosis and treatment
Our Austin OBGYNs have the expertise and experience to perform a variety of outpatient diagnostic procedures to check for abnormal tissue or other problems.
- Cervical cone biopsy or Cervical loop electrode excision procedure (LEEP)
- Colposcopy of the vagina or cervix
- Endometrial or uterine biopsy
- Pelvic laparoscopy
- Endometrial ablation
Depending on which GYN surgery is needed to treat a specific gynecologic issue, advanced surgical procedures will be performed on an inpatient or outpatient basis at St. David’s Medical Center. Gynecologic surgical procedures include:
- Dilation and curettage (D&C) to remove abnormal uterine tissue and allow healing
- Myomectomy to stop bleeding and pain caused by fibroids
- Removal of adhesions or scar tissue
- Laparoscopic removal of ovarian cysts
- Hysterectomy (to remove the uterus and surrounding reproductive organs)
- Trachelectomy (to remove a diseased cervix and surrounding tissue)
- Oophorectomy (to remove one or both ovaries)
- Tubal ligation
- Endometriosis surgery
Feel like yourself again
Should you need advanced GYN surgery for diagnosis or treatment of a gynecological condition, we and our partner facilities are committed to providing compassionate, expert care to make your entire surgical experience as seamless and positive as possible.
We look forward to helping you feel like yourself again. To schedule an appointment with an Austin OBGYN, contact us today.